The public association “The Commission on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities named after K. Imanaliev” was created by graduates of the “New Generation of Human Rights Defenders” program of the Soros Kazakhstan Foundation, citizens with disabilities of various categories, their legal representatives and caring citizens who wish to expand the rights of people with disabilities both in Kazakhstan and Central Asia region.
We are an organization run and run by people with disabilities. Our experts were trained in Kyrgyzstan, the USA, Finland, Ireland, Lithuania, Georgia and Switzerland. Already now we are implementing the foreign experience gained, we are members of working groups to ensure access to inclusive education, employment, elections, gender equality, and we are participating in the country’s social and political life.
We are working to create an inclusive society in which everyone can participate in all aspects of life.
Mission of our organization
Ensuring the full realization of the rights provided for by the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
The goal of our organization is to promote, protect and ensure the full and equal enjoyment by all persons with disabilities of all human rights and fundamental freedoms, as well as to promote respect for their inherent dignity.
What are we doing
- We initiate a constructive dialogue on the empowerment of people with disabilities. We inform the public about the existing barriers that prevent people with disabilities from being full and productive members of society and are working to overcome them together;
- We are conducting analytical work to further amend the legislation in the interests of people with disabilities in conjunction with government bodies;
- We study and implement the best global practices to improve the quality of life of people with disabilities;
- Initiate and implement projects to expand the rights of people with disabilities;
- We provide a platform for all people with disabilities to speak and make their voices heard;
- Represent the interests of those who cannot speak for themselves;
- We increase public awareness of all types of disabilities, both visible and invisible;
- We provide consultations and training on the existing rights of people with disabilities;
- We work with partners in Kazakhstan, Central Asia, near and far abroad.
We are constantly expanding our partnerships and will be glad to offer cooperation.